- FRV is the owner of the Moree Solar Farm (MSF) project.
- The project is funded by FRV with the support of the Australian government through a grant of AUD$101.7 million from the Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) and debt on commercial terms from the Clean Energy Finance Corporation (CEFC).
- MSF will have a capacity of 56MWac (70MWp) and will generate enough electricity to supply around 15,000 homes.
- MWac refers to power in alternating current, whereas MWp refers to the installed capacity of the modules, measured in direct current. Solar farm developers often install more panels than the capability of the inverters are rated for in order to generate the maximum possible volume of electricity throughout the day. The inverters convert the energy produced by the modules from direct current to alternating current suitable for injection into the grid.
- The project is located 10 km south of Moree, in northern New South Wales.
- Construction of the plant will commence in Spring 2014 and will be completed by early 2016.
- The EPC Contractor for the project is Green Light Contractors Pty Ltd, a wholly owned local subsidiary of Elecnor, a major international engineering firm.
- MSF will have an operating life of around 30 years.
- The technology used is solar PV-Polycrystalline modules with horizontal tracking. Panels will have a height of approximately 2.5-3m above ground level
- The project will deliver significant benefits to Moree and the wider community:
- It creates job opportunities during construction and operation. It is estimated that around 100 workers will be required to construct the project and during operation around 5 jobs will be created
- It brings investment to the area, and delivers additional indirect economic opportunities such as workers using local cafés, accommodation and petrol stations
- It delivers new clean electricity to meet the region’s energy needs and helps further the development of the Australian clean energy industry, and
- It supports local community initiatives. When the project moves into operation, MSF aims to be an active member of the community by returning a yet to be determined portion of the project’s revenue into the community
- The estimated annual greenhouse gas emissions reduced by the project are 95,000 tonnes CO2 equivalent
- The project saves approx. 165,000 mega litres of clean drinking water compared to a coal-fired power station
Copyright © 2014 Fotowatio Renewable Ventures. All Rights Reserved.